GRADUATION AND CONVOCATION
Degree candidates eligible to participate in 2016 CVPA Convocation exercises are:
December 2015................................All degrees
May 2016.........................................All degrees
August 2016.....................................Bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Graduation Intent: Spring and Summer 2016 graduates, please visit the graduation website at http://registrar.gmu.edu for instructions on how to apply to graduate.
- Spring Graduates: The last day to apply online is February 19, 2016.
- Late Graduation Forms: Should you miss the February deadline to file your intent to graduate, please fill out the Late Graduation Application found at http://registrar.gmu.edu/graduation/lategradapp.html. Students who file later than March 21 will have no guarantee that their name will appear in the CVPA Convocation program. Notify your program of your late application.
- Summer Graduates: Registration to apply to graduate opens January 25, 2016. Please file your intent to graduate by March 21, 2016 so your name will be included in the 2016 CVPA Convocation program.
For any questions or concerns regarding graduation, please contact your advisor.
The Convocation for College of Visual and Performing Arts is Friday, May 13, at 3:00 p.m., in Center for the Arts Concert Hall.
CVPA Convocation is a ticketed event.
Convocation ticket information:
Each graduate may request up to 6 tickets for guests (doctoral graduates may request up to 8). Graduating students do not need a ticket.
Tickets are available beginning March 1-April 15 for December 2015, May 2016 and Summer 2016 graduates.
A link to the online order form will be provided on March 1.
Alternatively, CVPA graduates may pick up tickets in person with their Mason ID at the Center for the Arts Ticket Office.
Ticket office hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10am-6pm.
Convocation ticket release information:
March 1 – April 14, 2016
• Tickets are available online and at the box office.
• Each graduate may request up to 6 tickets for guests.
• Convocation is a General Admission event (no assigned seating).
General Admission tickets cannot be reprinted. Do not lose your tickets.
April 14 – May 13, 2016
On April 14, any unclaimed tickets will be released.
• Graduates may request additional tickets in person with their Mason ID at the Center for the Arts Ticket Office on the Fairfax Campus.
• Ticket limits will be based on availability.
• Please request only what you need
Convocation details for graduates:
Convocation participants must arrive no later than 2:15 p.m. on Friday, May 13.
2:15p.m. Graduates arrive in the outside plaza between Concert Hall and Mason Hall for sign-in, instructions, and lineup. In case of inclement weather, please report to the 1st floor of the Performing Arts Building, Room A105 (TheaterSpace).
3:00 p.m. Convocation begins
4:30 p.m. Convocation ends
Graduates must wear caps and gowns for Convocation. For more information about caps and gowns, please contact the University Bookstore at (703) 993-2666.
Additional Information for 2016 Graduates:
George Mason University Commencement
Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 10:00 am at the Patriot Center
For further information, please visit the following links: