Center for the Arts Spring Internship
Center for the Arts Spring Marketing Intern
The College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) at George Mason University is seeking 1-2 qualified interns for Spring 2018. The position will work with Center for the Arts (CFA) marketing staff to promote 2018 events and performances. This internship focuses on marketing efforts targeting the most likely audiences for each fall Great Performances at Mason event, using grassroots methods and digital marketing initiatives such as Google AdWords and social media. Other projects and tasks may involve marketing and public relations projects, as well as support for the Hylton Performing Arts Center and the academic units of CVPA within George Mason University, including proofreading and editing copy and press releases, archival duties, and marketing material distribution.
Internship(s) will begin in late January. 12-15 hours/week minimum preferred. Scheduling is somewhat flexible. Internship(s) is unpaid. College credit is available.
- Strong editing/proofreading skills
- Familiarity with MS Office applications (Mac experience is a plus)
- Ability to independently manage a time-sensitive project
- Familiarity with social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Familiarity with and/or experience with paid search marketing ads
Please submit cover letter and resume to Camille C. Devlin at email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Friday, December 15.