- 703-993-2198 (office)
de Laski Performing Arts Bldg, A109
4400 University Drive, MS 4C1
Fairfax, VA 22030
Dan Hobson (BFA ’84 Theatre Acting/Directing, George Mason University) Dan has been working on both sides of the curtains since graduating from Mason in 1984. His focus early in his education was in Acting and Directing. However, along the journey he began to discover a fascination with the world of technical theater. The opportunity to solve problems, apply those solutions, and have the solution become something that helped transport an audience into another world was just as thrilling as that gasp from an audience during a particularly emotional scene, or the final rousing applause of a curtain call. Upon graduation, job opportunities in technical theater steered his career more in that direction, and that has held true to this day.
Dan has been working at Mason for 32 years, starting at Harris Theatre in 1985 as a wages stagehand/stage manager and growing with the University to his current position as Production Manager for the Arts Support Umbrella in the College of Visual and Performing Arts.
A few items from his recent and not so recent past include:
- Off Broadway Production U.S.Tour, Robert Frost-Fire and Ice, with Arthur Peterson, stage manager and master electrician
- International tours with George Mason School of Dance and DC Contemporary Dance
- New Playwright’s Theater, Lydie Breeze and Gardenia, sound design
- Lazy Susan Dinner Theater, Brigadoon, lighting design
- GMU Opera, H.M.S. Pinafore, set design
BFA, Theatre Acting/Directing, George Mason University (1984)