This minor, designed for students with minimal formal musical training, allows students to explore the connection between music and consciousness as well as vibration, mindfulness, and well-being. Admission to the Music and Wellness minor is by interview with the minor coordinator.
Minors must be completed in conjunction with a bachelor’s degree. Please see the University Catalog for complete information on program requirements and policies. Additional specifications may apply.
Admission to the Music and Well-Being Minor is by interview with the Minor coordinator.
Minor Requirements (18 credits)
- One of the following:
- MUSI 101 - Introduction to Classical Music Credits: 3
- MUSI 171 - Keyboard Skills I Credits 1 *
- MUSI 300 - Recital Attendance Credits 0 (2 semesters)
- MUSI 366 - Class Percussion Credits: 1 *
- MUSI 367 - Class Guitar Credits: 1 *
- MUSI 455 - Music as a Healing Art Credits: 3
- MUSI 477 - Music and Consciousness Credits: 3
- MUSI 485 - Chamber Ensembles Credits: 1 - Healing Arts Ensemble (must be taken for three credits)
* Students demonstrating proficiency in keyboard, percussion, or guitar may substitute other MUSI 100-499 courses at the discretion of the Program Coordinator.
Music and Well-Being minors at Mason work with world-class faculty. Music students also study and perform in beautiful spaces outfitted with up to date technology. Mason School of Music is an all-Steinway school. Performance opportunities are available for all musicians at Mason in more than 20 ensembles.