This minor is open to those who want to expand their knowledge and skill in this area. Required classes include Fundamentals of Music, Music and Technology, and Recording Techniques.
Minors must be completed in conjunction with a bachelor’s degree. Please see the University Catalog for complete information on program requirements and policies. Additional specifications may apply.
Entrance requirements: MUSI 100 or 115 with a grade of C or higher. A music audition and interview with music technology faculty is required.
Minor Requirements (18 credits)
This minor is open to majors from throughout the university who seek to expand their knowledge and skill in this area of study.
- MUSI 254 - Music and Technology Credits: 3
- MUSI 300 - Recital Attendance Credits: 0 (2 semesters)
- MUSI 354 - Electronic Composition Credits: 3
- MUSI 355 - Recording Techniques Credits: 3
- Nine credits from the following categories, with a maximum of three credits from any one category:
- Applied Music, Ensemble and Skills Courses
- Music Theory
- Music History
- Music Technology Topics
- MUSI 359 - Topics in Music Technology Credits: 3
Music and Technology minors at Mason work with world-class faculty. Music students also study and perform in beautiful spaces outfitted with up to date technology. Mason School of Music is an all-Steinway school. Performance opportunities are available for all musicians at Mason in more than 20 ensembles.