You’ve got the music in you, dance feeds your soul, painting and sculpting fulfill the spirit, and gaming is life. Welcome to the College of Visual and Performing Arts, where we add fuel to the fire of creativity. Explore our Admissions webpages to help you successfully prepare your application to one of our many exciting programs, and get ready to become part of the Arts at Mason!
Graduate students who were employed, continuing graduate school, serving in the military, or volunteering upon graduation
How long it takes, on average, to complete a portfolio review for undergraduate programs in the School of Art
Number of undergraduate auditions and portfolio reviews completed in the 2017 application cycle
Funding received by current PhD students who are part of the Presidential Scholars program
Number of programs that prepare students to teach the arts in the public school system. The Schools of Art, Music, and Theater provide options to be a licensed teacher in the state of Virginia
Applying is a Two-Step Process
The College of Visual and Performing Arts requires you to apply to Mason, submit a portfolio, and attend an audition or interview.
Each program has a specific procedure for admissions, as well as some unique requirements - dependent on the type of student you are. Locate your program of interest in the Graduate or Undergraduate sections for more information, deadlines and scholarship opportunities.
Get Started Now
- Mark your calendars for the CVPA Open Houses.
- Visit the campus and meet with your program of interest.
- Schedule an audition with the School of Dance, the School of Music, or the School of Theater.
- Submit your portfolio to the School of Art, the Department of Film and Video Studies, or Department of Computer Game Design.
- Learn more about the requirements for Graduate admission to our programs by visiting the Graduate Admissions Requirements page.