Thank you for your interest in the state-approved teacher preparation programs in the College of Visual and Performing Arts!
CVPA offers the following licensure programs:
- Art Education Licensure, Graduate Certificate
- Art Education, Master of Arts in Teaching
- Music Education Licensure for PK-12, Graduate Certificate
- Teaching Theater PK-12, Graduate Certificate
Content Area Review – Endorsement Worksheet
All applicants for licensure programs must create an endorsement account and complete the Endorsement worksheet associated with their intended program. You will also be required to submit your transcripts during this process. Both the Endorsement worksheet and your transcripts will be reviewed by the College of Education and Human Development Pre-Education Advising Coordinator. An approved Endorsement Worksheet must be submitted during the application process. Learn more about Content Area Review.
George Mason University will verify completion of the requirements of a Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) state-approved preparation program at the graduate or undergraduate level. Such verification does not guarantee the issuance of a Virginia Collegiate Professional, Postgraduate Professional, or Pupil Personnel license from the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is solely the student's responsibility to comply with all requirements for licensure by the Commonwealth. Under Virginia law, a social security number is required for licensure.
- Robert Yi, Art Education, Master or Arts in Teaching and Art Education Licensure, Graduate
- Charles Ciorba, Music Education Licensure for PK-12, Graduate Certificate
- Mimsi Janis, Teaching Theater PK-12, Graduate Certificate
Contact Area Review – Endorsement Worksheet
- Mary Slone O’Neill, Pre-Education Advising Coordinator, College of Education and Human Development
- Rebekah Flis, Licensure Coordinator, College of Education and Human Development
- Rabia S. Ghani, Literacy & Reading Program Manager, https://education.gmu.edu/literacy
- Dawn Kelley, Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions and Recruitment, (703) 993-5576