The Center for the Arts is the heart of performing arts on Mason's Fairfax Campus. The center showcases national and international artists, as well as accomplished faculty members and emerging student artists.
Arts Opportunities for Mason Students
- Free tickets: Mason students can get free tickets for more than 100 performances at the Center for the Arts.
- Perform on professional stages: Mason students perform music, dance, and theater in the 2000-seat Concert Hall.
- Experience world-class performances.
- Learn from today's top artists: Students studying in the arts at Mason learn from the best in master classes presented by musicians, dancers, and actors performing at the Center for the Arts.
- Internship Opportunities: Mason students studying anything from arts management to theater to communications may apply for internships at the Center.
Today's Most Brilliant Artists
As a premier destination for the arts in Northern Virginia, the Center for the Arts presents today’s most brilliant artists.
They range from emerging luminaries to legendary masters, representing the worlds of classical music, opera, jazz, dance, theater, global music and dance.
Each year, the Center for the Arts welcomes performances by renowned professional artists, distinguished faculty, and accomplished student artists. Great Performances at Mason, an annual season of national and international artists, offers a phenomenal selection of arts experiences for students, faculty and staff, and community members.
The Center also hosts student and faculty performances presented by the Schools of Music, Theater, and Dance and is the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra's performing home.
Map and Directions
Parking: Free parking is available in Lot K, just off Patriot Circle, when you are attending a Great Performances at Mason event, at the Center for the Arts. Paid, covered parking is available in the Mason Pond Parking Deck on Mason Pond Drive adjacent to the Center for the Arts. More information about parking at the Center for the Arts.
Getting Here: Exit the Mason Pond Parking deck on the1st floor or 3rd floor. The Center for the Arts is adjacent to the parking deck, on Mason Pond Drive.