Upper Level Arts LLC (new Fall 2020)
Through specialized interactive programming, students in the Upper Level Arts LLC explore innovation and creativity across disciplines. They expand their knowledge of the arts, support each other in creative work, and experience deeper connections between the arts at Mason and the broader arts community at and around Mason.
Upper Level Arts LLC members have direct access to:
- Experience on-campus music, theater and dance performances, art exhibitions, film screenings, computer game expos
- Learn from faculty speakers and guest lectures
- Travel to Washington, D.C.’s many galleries, museums, and performances
- Work collaboratively with students across the arts
- Serve as informal mentors to the first-year students in the First-Year Arts LLC in Commonwealth Hall.
Upper Level Living Learning Community students must:
- Apply for housing, and specifically for the Arts LLC, through Housing’s application process in the spring semester
- Live in the LLC residence hall
- Complete program assessments in the fall and spring
- Participate in at least one LLC program and activity per month
- Be a declared major or enrolled in major coursework in the College of Visual and Performing Arts*. (*students with a declared major in English, Creative Writing BFA concentration are also eligible).
Living in the LLC
The Upper Level Arts LLC, beginning in the fall of 2020, will be located in Whitetop Hall in the Aquia Neighborhood. This six-floor building houses the Aquia neighborhood’s 24-hour service desk.
The Upper Level Arts LLC floor in Whitetop Hall houses approximately 29 students in suite-style, double-occupancy rooms. Each floor has multiple common areas and kitchens. Laundry and vending facilities are on the ground floor. The Upper Level Arts LLC floor will also include maker spaces designed specifically for art students containing resources that foster community within the arts disciplines. All rooms are furnished with beds, desks, chairs, dressers and closets. Carpets and window treatments are provided.
Whitetop Hall is a non-smoking and alcohol-free housing area.