Hylton Performing Arts Center
Want to see a Broadway musical? Watch a play in a cozy setting? Introduce your children to the joy of the theater? Enjoy spectacular arts and entertainment experiences for all ages at the Hylton Performing Arts Center. This venue is a world-class home for the arts located on the Science and Technology campus in Prince William County.
Copper nails hammered by hand into the copper on the ceiling of Merchant Hall.
Seats in Merchant Hall more than 85 feet from the stage.
Student singers that have appeared on stage at the same time.
Cost of Hylton Presents tickets for Mason students
How long the moleskin fabric on Merchant Hall seats is designed to last.
Arts Opportunities for Mason Students
- Free tickets. Mason students can get free tickets for Hylton Presents performances at the Hylton Performing Arts Center. Free transportation is available on the Mason Shuttle.
- Experience world-class performances.
- Perform on professional stages. Mason students perform music, dance, and theater in both Merchant Hall and the Gregory Family Theater.
- Learn from today's top artists. Students studying in the arts learn from the best in master classes presented by those performing at the Hylton Performing Arts Center.
- Internship Opportunities: Mason students studying anything from arts management to theater to communications may apply for internships at the Hylton Center.
Coming Soon! Education and Rehearsal Wing
The Education and Rehearsal Wing will complete the original vision for the Hylton Performing Arts Center, finalizing its footprint with a design informed by seven years of programming experience and a clear understanding of what this region requires in order to excel as a sophisticated arts community. The wing will allow the artists and arts educators of our community to fully facilitate the entire life-cycle of artistic creation. Spanning more than 14,000 square feet, this new wing will include two rehearsal halls, two classrooms, six practice rooms, two new lobby spaces, and will be outfitted with technology enabling video and audio recording. The anticipated opening is in 2019. More information about the project and how you can support this new endeavor
A World-Class Theater
The Hylton Performing Arts Center is a world-class home for arts and entertainment in Manassas, Virginia.
Housed on Mason's Science and Technology campus in Prince William County, this breathtaking venue features two theaters, the Didlake Grand Foyer, and the Buchanan Partners Art Gallery. All 1,123 seats in Merchant Hall provide an up-close feel and a spectacular sound experience. The Gregory Family Theater is a flexible space with custom seating arrangements to accommodate up to 240 people for performances and special events.
- The Hylton Presents series features national and international artists in music, dance, comedy and theater.
- The Hylton Family Series is a very affordable opportunity to introduce children to the arts through fun performances designed just for them.
- The Buchanan Partners Art Gallery features curated art exhibitions all year.
The facility is a result of the efforts of Prince William County, the City of Manassas, George Mason University, and the Commonwealth of Virginia, along with many private donors and local businesses.
Map and Directions
Parking: Free parking is available in the lot directly in front of the Hylton Center. More information about parking at the Hylton Center.
Getting Here: The Hylton Performing Arts Center is at 10960 George Mason Circle, Manassas, VA 20110. From I-66 west, take Exit 44 (2nd exit at Manassas), which is 234 South Bypass (Prince William Parkway). Turn left onto University Blvd; take the first left onto Cannon Creek Road, then left to get to the Hylton Center parking lot.