Reva and Sid Dewberry Family School of Music
With a distinguished faculty composed of recognized experts in their field in teaching, research and performance, the Reva and Sid Dewberry Family School of Music offers a rigorous, yet nurturing curriculum that is tailored to today's world of music and the arts. Mason's music instructors are also active professionals appearing on the world's great stages in Washington, D.C., across the nation, and around the world.
Instrumental, vocal, and musical theater ensembles within the Dewberry School of Music.
New Steinway grand pianos in the practice rooms and teaching studios for all music students; Mason is an all-Steinway school.
Ranking of The Green Machine on the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s Best Pep Bands list.
Student and faculty concerts, recitals, master classes, workshops, and seminars that Mason students and faculty present each year.
Academic programs and concentrations such as performance, music education, composition, jazz studies, music technology, conducting, and pedagogy.
If You've Got the Music in You, Mason is Your Home
The Reva and Sid Dewberry Family School of Music is the place to be. Whether you're a singer, instrumentalist, conductor, or jazz lover, Mason will help you take your music to the next level.
- Vocalists can find their voice in opera, musical theater, jazz and choral studies.
- Keyboard/piano students will hone their craft on Steinways—Mason is an All-Steinway School, providing the best equipment for the study of music.
- Percussionists will find their beat through a focused study of chamber music, developing the necessary skills to become total percussionists.
- Students who choose the Music Technology concentration will help ensure that the sounds of today will live for years by providing students a strong grasp of the technical and theoretical aspects of music recording and production.
- All students will benefit from the knowledge of those who have paved the way, through our Guest Artist program.
There's so much more we have to offer—Composition, Conducting, Musical Theater, Ethnomusicology, Healing Arts, Music Education, Brass, Woodwinds, Strings.
Mason is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, which lauded our "vibrant, energized student population" with "truly exceptional teaching."
Every music student has the opportunity to perform in an ensemble every semester. And if you're a musician, but not a music major, you're welcome, too. The Dewberry School of Music welcomes students through many paths.