Center for the Arts
The Center for the Arts is the heart of performing arts on Mason's Fairfax Campus. The center showcases national and international artists, as well as accomplished faculty members and emerging student artists.
U.S. Presidents who have visited. President Obama and President Clinton, who attended his daughter’s performance in 'The Nutcracker.'
Grammy Award-winners who have appeared on the Center’s stage.
Internationally renowned artists have appeared as part of Great Performances at Mason
Cost of Great Performances at Mason tickets for Mason students.
People who have enjoyed arts at the Center for the Arts.
Seats in the Center for the Arts Concert Hall
Number of times the two Steinway grand pianos are tuned each season
Arts Opportunities for Mason Students
- Free tickets: Mason students can get free tickets for more than 100 performances at the Center for the Arts.
- Perform on professional stages: Mason students perform music, dance, and theater in the 2000-seat Concert Hall.
- Experience world-class performances.
- Learn from today's top artists: Students studying in the arts at Mason learn from the best in master classes presented by musicians, dancers, and actors performing at the Center for the Arts.
- Internship Opportunities: Mason students studying anything from arts management to theater to communications may apply for internships at the Center.
Today's Most Brilliant Artists
As a premier destination for the arts in Northern Virginia, the Center for the Arts presents today’s most brilliant artists.
They range from emerging luminaries to legendary masters, representing the worlds of classical music, opera, jazz, dance, theater, global music and dance.
Each year, the Center for the Arts welcomes performances by renowned professional artists, distinguished faculty, and accomplished student artists. Great Performances at Mason, an annual season of national and international artists, offers a phenomenal selection of arts experiences for students, faculty and staff, and community members.
Map and Directions
Parking: Free parking is available in Lot K, just off Patriot Circle, during events held at the Center for the Arts. Paid, covered parking is available in the Mason Pond Parking Deck on Mason Pond Drive adjacent to the Center for the Arts.